Quitters never win and winners never quit. I am a Winner, I will not quit.
The possibilities within me are greater than those within the Greatest people who’ve ever lived. I will use the gifts and talents God has given me.
Because I want to win, I will stay by myself or around people who believe “You Can” instead of “You Can’t”. I will keep the word “impossible” out of my vocabulary unless it is to say “I can do the impossible! Or I will be the impossible”…. I will win!
I will set small goals and achieve them so I can gain the necessary confidence to achieve my bigger goals.
All things are possible because I know that when I start I will win! I won’t give up and I will not quit!
Should the course get rough I will take one day at a time. The Holy Spirit will always be with me to make sure I take each step; however shaky, I will take the next step. If I quit, the ball stops rolling. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
I will dream it. I will believe it. I will stay with it and do it. I will not worry about tough times. If I don’t go through these experiences I will not know the good times when they come. I may be facing lack and despair but I choose not to stay here. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
Today, the greatest thing I can do is thank God that I woke up this morning. Today I will use this day to make positive steps towards my goals. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
I will put God first and He will guide me through my day. The race is not for the swift, but for the strong. I keep my goals in plain sight and I stay the course. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
It’s not what others think about me that counts, it’s what I think of myself. I am not a minority because God and one individual is an absolute majority. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
When things so wrong as they sometimes will and the road I’m trudging seems all up hill; when the funds are low and the debts are high, and I want to smile, but I can only sigh; when care is pressing me down a bit…I’ll rest; but I won’t give up and I will not quit!
Life may seem bizarre with its twists and turn, as I have learned, but many a failure has turned around because I’ve stuck it out; though my pace may seem slow; I will succeed with another blow. I won’t give up and I will not quit!
My goal is nearer than it seems; I will not faint or falter and I will win the victor’s cup. Success is failure turned inside out; it’s the silver lining to the clouds of doubt. I will stick to the fight when I’m hardest hit because when things seem to be at their worst, I won’t give up and I will not quit! I am a Winner, and winners don’t quit!
by Lucia Claborn
Now pull up your big girl panties or big boy trowsers and deal!
1. Accountability. This is by far the number one! Often this is a protested area in that, people “know how to be accountable” or “I hold myself accountable”. I have heard it said time and time again. While that may work with smaller goals, self- accountability probably won’t work for big goals. Why? Simply because if you’re going for something bigger than you’ve ever achieved before, fear and resistance are certain to arise, in a variety of forms and fashions. Accountability from a trusted and respected source will help keep you on track in moving through the fear and resistance that will show up. Heck, these fears show up regardless of the project size.
2. Guidance. Simply stated, you don’t know what you don’t know. Additionally, having a second set of eyes or differing ideas and suggestions often will increase your creative thought processes. Lastly, there is truth behind the statement; Two Heads Are Better Than One!
3. Real world strategies that work, rather than Google. An experienced coach knows what works, when and with whom. Only experience can provide this kind of effective insight, so always look for a professional who’s coached successfully. Additionally, look for a coach who has experienced what you are experiencing in some form or another.
4. Another valuable perspective, CLARITY. This one is golden. When you’ve been looking at the same situation for a period of time, you may lose objectivity and your ability to see the situation clearly. A coach can offer you alternate ways of looking at the same situation, bringing added clarity to the many options that may be available to you.
5. Swifter attainment of goals. It’s always better to take the most direct path to what you want, saving you time, energy and money. You want to hire a coach who has experienced life in that arena of life. Who knows what it takes to achieve goals. This will save an enormous amount of effort, time and money.
6. Self-discovery. You may not know yourself as well as you’d like to believe, none of us do. Working with an experienced, trained coach and having powerful conversations with that coach leads to deeper awareness of what you do and why you do it. Self-discovery and self-mastery are keys to high success. Yet, you cannot master yourself until you know yourself. There are reasons why you don’t have the level of success you want. Most, if not all, of those reasons are internal. Wouldn’t you like to know what’s blocking you?
7. Responsibility. An effective life coach will steer you clear of blaming anyone for anything. It’s not your partner’s fault, or your kids’ fault, or your dog’s fault. Blame keeps you out of full responsibility, takes you away from your goals and lessens your power. Why would you want to do that? Taking full responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life isn’t always easy, but it’s always worth it.
8. Resources. Think of all the resources a business coach has in their tool box! This pertains to strategic partners, processes, soft skills, you name it. An effective business coach has all sorts of tricks of the trade, readily available for YOU.
- 1 cup Multiple Business Tools
- 3 cups Energy and Motivation
- 1/4 cup Desire to Learn
- 1/4 cup Willingness to Take a Risk
- 2 tbsp Focus on Excellence
- 1 cup Mindset of Success
Wikipedia: Plan B is a popular term used to mean a reserved, secondary plan, in case a first plan fails.
- Having a Plan B automatically implies failure of Plan A
- One foot in the door, one foot out of the door suggests the lack of commitment
- When focusing on Plan B; Plan A is compromised by a lack of focus
- Plan B can quickly allow us to become an expert in distraction
Masterminds and Mentorshelps to develop the clarity and the focus needed to pursue and achieve
what is important to your vision and dream.
Join a well facilitated group by one of the
Masterminds and Mentors Coaches.
See the website for more detail or call Coach Gibbs
to see how you may benefit.
The time to do it is NOW!
1. A restricting, limiting, or modifying circumstance: It can happen only under certain conditions.
2. A circumstance indispensable to some result; prerequisite; that on which something else is
contingent: conditions of acceptance.
Conditions may mean death to your
business. If you are waiting for the perfect time, the money to come in,
worrying how the holidays will make an impact, whether the sun shines or not,
you are setting limiting conditions that can have a dramatic impact to your
Conditions are a set up for failure
Conditions are a reason to procrastinate
Conditions are masked behind procrastination
Conditions are fear based
Masterminds and Mentors helps you
see through those limiting conditions allowing you to move your business
forward regardless of the date, the time, the weather or any other condition
you put in front of your success.
Join one of the groups expertly
facilitated by Coach Gibbs, Coach Sherry, Coach Terri or Coach Michele.
Check the website for other Masterminds and Mentors groups scheduled to begin this
summer. Or call 763.442.1980 for more details!
The time to do it is NOW!
1. Refocus your energy
2. Review your options
3. Repeat your success
4. Remodel your plans
5. React to feedback
6. Redesign your office
7. Reallocate your funds
8. Renew your energy
9. Rejuvenate your team
10. Reaffirm your Vision
11. Revamp your process
12. Reshape your thinking
Masterminds and Mentors Group Coaching and Advantage Groups facilitate your Re-Success!
Masterminds and Mentors
is here to help you “implement”
your plans and ideas
: carry out, accomplish; especially: to give practical effect
to and ensure of actual fulfillment by concrete measures
: to provide instruments or means of expression for
•Soloprenuers or Business Owners
•Set clear goals and expectations for you or your team
•Develop management reports tracking progress and results
•Streamline or develop solid work processes
•Implement your plans and ideas
•Increase awareness and development for personal and business roles
•Develop more clarity around goals
•Deepen commitment and accountability
•Implement your plans and ideas
•Raise the bar, achieve more balance and reach a higher level of success
What one business participant has to say about results…
“The tools Coach Gibbs shares, the support she provides and the
expectations that we work with are creating the level of postive
change and results we have been struggling to achieve for
the last couple of years. Coach Gibbs brings an excellent
level of professionalism to the business.”
What one professional has to say about results…
“Advantage is an awesome experience of looking over my life
and determining where I want more focus, change, confidence
and results. Knowing that being accountable to myself and
others is what it takes to make this happen.”
I had the opportunity this week to do a short presentation for a business group on the Masterminds and Mentors program. When I was putting together the format for the presentation, I had a hard time trying to select what I would say about the program when there was so much to tell. In the end, I said very little and gave an example of how the process works instead.
I asked for a volunteer from the audience. I could see the discomfort and hesitation in the group, I could see the discomfort of volunteering for the unknown. There was a lot of hemming and hawing and downcast eyes from the group until one of the members raised their hand.
Getting the whole group involved then, we took 15 minutes to work on a specific topic our volunteer had a problem with in her business. After the presentation was over, my volunteer stated that she was very impressed with the results and was very happy that SHE was the one to volunteer. Other members of the group stated their appreciation for the experience as well.
The point in mentioning this is the fact that often times, when presented with an unfamiliar opportunity we don’t take advantage of it because of fear. We may be afraid we will be embarrassed or that we will be made to feel uncomfortable. Even though we feel the opportunity may bring value to us, our fear of the unknown often stands in the way of our own success.
My question to you then is this. How many times do you think you may have missed out on a very profitable experience because it was something different or unknown to you but you were afraid to try it? Even when you thought it might be a good idea and could see the potential value, you wanted to wait until someone else did it to make sure it was “safe.”
I know for myself, I have opted many times to take the safe way out and wait until I saw how it worked for other people and what their experience was. The problem with that way of thinking is that I am not “other people”, I am me. And what will be beneficial for me, help me get more ideas for success, help me get more confidence, help me increase my profits, is not the same as for everyone else.
As a Masterminds and Mentors coach and facilitator, and graduate of the program myself, I found that the “magic” of a Masterminds and Mentors program, is in the opportunities it presents each of the participants. These opportunities may be new to the participants or may be ones they are familiar with, but with a new approach.
A Masterminds and Mentors program gives the participants opportunities to succeed, to move forward in their business, to eliminate barriers, to achieve their dreams and goals. No embarrassment, no judgment, no criticism. Just good old fashioned hard work and the willingness to take a hold of some of these opportunities and not be afraid to try them on for size.
The change of seasons means so much. Springtime for me means a renewed spirit. Different outdoor and indoor activities to consider. A new focus on how to spend my time.
Springtime for me, outside of these annoying allergies, means more energy. Energy to apply to the many activities that not only do I let go over the winter but all of those terrific activites that I can now do outdoors. The bright sun shows me what I let go indoors over the long winter season and must take care of inside the house. Crazy how I don’t see some of that dirt all winter long. LOL. Suddenly when the front door opens … where on earth did that, that, that dirt come from?! OK, great. I can take care of this stuff in the early part of the day so that as it warms, I can be outdoors.
Outdoors. The frogs are croaking and I can hear as the birds return to the woods behind the house. Good thing I put new bird seed out there because if I am not mistaken, the Rose Breasted Grosebeek made it’s return sometime over night. The Wren’s too, I heard them for the first time this spring; this morning. I have heard from others that the Hummingbirds are back, but I haven’t seen one. Today I must get their red drink out for them. I just bought some oranges for the Baltimore Oriels, they can’t be far behind. Food for everyone!
Flowers. It is Mother’s Day weekend so I will be treating myself to a lovey assortment of beautiful and colorful flowers. I LOVE THIS! I can’t wait to get outside and participate in the dirt and the subsequent lovely brilliant blooms of flower life. And let’s not forget, nectar for those crazy birds.
What does all of this energy do to my business?
One thing is for sure. Saturday mornings past were to get up and spend hours working on the business tasks that I delight in doing for my customers and the people that I work closely with. While I still spend some time doing that, it pales by comparison to what I was able to do just three or four short weeks ago. Sunday mornings from time to time, included some level of business if for no other reason than to keep up the momentum. Keep moving forward. Sunday morning business momentum, well; I don’t see business sneaking in to these upcoming spring and summer days very much at all.
So if I am reducing Saturdays and eliminating Sunday’s business activities for a couple of short months, will I accomplish as much business? I will go out on a limb and say….YES!
If I am feeling energized about myself in the spring, there are so many others out there who are equally jazzed to make some changes and quite possibly; others who are even more whipped up and excited than I! I think this is where the saying comes in, work hard and play harder. This quote must have been coined in MN in the springtime. LOL.
My business of assisting others in moving forward in their business and their professional lives is so very exciting; for those who participate in the Masterminds and Mentors groups and for me. Small business owners or solopreneurs will work very hard during the week to better their business; overcome personal barriers which will directly better their bottom line. Masterminds Advantage focuses those who want a deeper level of accountability and want to accomplish “impossible” things! I get the privilege of working with those who believe in the “work hard play harder” mentality. And considering currently all of the Masterminds and Mentors activity is located in Minnesota, I am betting we all spend more time working ON ourselves and our business during the week and ON our personal lives on the weekends.
So why am I sitting here writing all of this when there are so many exciting things to do today?
In keeping with the lifted spirits of our economy, are the exciting g spirits of Masterminds and Mentors.
Three extremely professional coaches have joined the ranks of Masterminds and Mentors. Three new levels of career experience, three new sets of coaching and goal facilitating skills. Three additional opportunities for people to take themselves to the next level; both personally and professionally.
More than ever Mastermind groups are the talk of the town. But there is NO OTHER group that will give you what Masterminds and Mentors will give you. We don’t just talk, we act. We implement. We provide. We support.
The team of professionals here to support your efforts work with a creative spirit as opposed to a competitive spirit. Our goal is to give more in value that what we get back. And every person who joins a group under the Masterminds Umbrella is made to feel as if they are given the individual attention that they truly deserve.
As the leader of the Masterminds and Mentors team of leaders, I couldn’t be more excited to be there for YOU!