1. Accountability. This is by far the number one! Often this is a protested area in that, people “know how to be accountable” or “I hold myself accountable”. I have heard it said time and time again. While that may work with smaller goals, self- accountability probably won’t work for big goals. Why? Simply because if you’re going for something bigger than you’ve ever achieved before, fear and resistance are certain to arise, in a variety of forms and fashions. Accountability from a trusted and respected source will help keep you on track in moving through the fear and resistance that will show up. Heck, these fears show up regardless of the project size.
2. Guidance. Simply stated, you don’t know what you don’t know. Additionally, having a second set of eyes or differing ideas and suggestions often will increase your creative thought processes. Lastly, there is truth behind the statement; Two Heads Are Better Than One!
3. Real world strategies that work, rather than Google. An experienced coach knows what works, when and with whom. Only experience can provide this kind of effective insight, so always look for a professional who’s coached successfully. Additionally, look for a coach who has experienced what you are experiencing in some form or another.
4. Another valuable perspective, CLARITY. This one is golden. When you’ve been looking at the same situation for a period of time, you may lose objectivity and your ability to see the situation clearly. A coach can offer you alternate ways of looking at the same situation, bringing added clarity to the many options that may be available to you.
5. Swifter attainment of goals. It’s always better to take the most direct path to what you want, saving you time, energy and money. You want to hire a coach who has experienced life in that arena of life. Who knows what it takes to achieve goals. This will save an enormous amount of effort, time and money.
6. Self-discovery. You may not know yourself as well as you’d like to believe, none of us do. Working with an experienced, trained coach and having powerful conversations with that coach leads to deeper awareness of what you do and why you do it. Self-discovery and self-mastery are keys to high success. Yet, you cannot master yourself until you know yourself. There are reasons why you don’t have the level of success you want. Most, if not all, of those reasons are internal. Wouldn’t you like to know what’s blocking you?
7. Responsibility. An effective life coach will steer you clear of blaming anyone for anything. It’s not your partner’s fault, or your kids’ fault, or your dog’s fault. Blame keeps you out of full responsibility, takes you away from your goals and lessens your power. Why would you want to do that? Taking full responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life isn’t always easy, but it’s always worth it.
8. Resources. Think of all the resources a business coach has in their tool box! This pertains to strategic partners, processes, soft skills, you name it. An effective business coach has all sorts of tricks of the trade, readily available for YOU.
- 1 cup Multiple Business Tools
- 3 cups Energy and Motivation
- 1/4 cup Desire to Learn
- 1/4 cup Willingness to Take a Risk
- 2 tbsp Focus on Excellence
- 1 cup Mindset of Success
Last week on the Masterminds and Mentors Blog Talk Radio Show we talked about books and had loads of fun. One of Sherry’s favorites is Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess. We also announced our fantastic new 2010 Leadership Boot Camps that will be starting in January of next year. There will be more news to come on our boot camps, but in true Dr.Suess fashion, Sherry thought that our next show announcement needed a little more flair so this is the way she ended last nights show:
Today we talked about books and had lots of fun,
But now the show’s over and we have to run.
Don’t forget to join us next month for a fantastic show,
We’ll tell you how to be Masterminds and how rich you will grow!
Just follow our lead,
And a pile you will make,
Of visions, and goals and lessons to take.
We’ll see you the next time on our BTR show,
Because we wil tape it, so everwhere it can go.
Just listen to Sherry and take a short note,
December the 12th at the 5:30 stroke……….
I hope you can join us for a fantastic show next month as we talk about our 2012 Leadership boot Camp Series. Whahoo!
Seven – 2 hour and 40 minute work camps created to offer business momentum from the start of the 2012 business year through the start of the next.
Each camp will require you to apply what you learn, so bring a pencil (up to you if you need an eraser!). Be prepared to follow through with what you say you will do, because you will be held accountable.
Earn a stripe for each camp. Participate in all 7 camps and earn your Leadership Business badge.
Be committed to business growth and leadership development.
Be accountable to achieve the results you desire.
Register today for one or all of the Leadership Camps.
Mastercard, Visa and Discover accepted!
1st Camp 1/10/12 – 8:20am
St. PaulArea Association of Realtors
(formerly North Metro RealtorsAssociation)
11450 Robinson Drive, Coon Rapids, MN 55433
See Momentum for additional details!
The time to do it is NOW.
Go ahead, Just do it!
•Blog Talk Radio – Look for the “LIVE” video show 1/5/12 featuring the Boot Camp 5:30PM CST
• Individual Coaching and Business Consulting Available
•Also new in 2012 is Virtual Masterminds and Mentors groups!
The steps to achieve visions or goals are simple. If that is so, then why does it seem that achieving success takes so much longer than anticipated?
The application, consistency and persistency of the following four steps are what it takes to achieve success. The lack of any one or more of these items at any given time, may slow down, stifle or bring to a dead stop – your desired success.
4 steps to achieve success.
1. Ask specifically for what you want and write it down.
2. Eliminate the conditions.
3. Focus on plan A.
4. Just do it!
Step one. Declare specifically your vision or goals and better yet; write them down. Understand the difference between vision and goal setting. Look at your Vision as your road map and your goals as the sign posts along the way. By taking the time to write out and declare verbally your intentions; increased clarity is developed, inspiration and motivation is deepened. Be certain your vision is supported by your values and your personal strengths. For the most well-rounded results, develop goals around your vision in the 5 most important roles in your life; faith, family, friends, financial and personal. This will prevent you from forging ahead in one role in your life while leaving the other roles behind.
Step Two. Eliminate the conditions. There is never enough time in the day. There is never enough money. There is always a holiday or some sensational event coming around the corner. Conditions are a set up for failure, a reason to procrastinate and conditions can often be limiting beliefs or fear based. It seems here in Minnesota, our summers are too short. Work weeks are shortened; weekends are packed with vacations and other fun activities. Holidays, especially during the late fall and winter months are often used as an excuse for why we don’t accomplish what we need to accomplish. Allowing conditions to get in the way of moving forward is the perfect recipe for limiting success. BIG MISTAKE. Forging ahead with a plan in-spite of the “conditions” is a much better approach to staying in front of the curve ball and offering less chance for losing momentum. Expect conditions and plan in advance a strategy to overcome the delays.
Step Three. Do away with Plan B! Focus. Focus. Focus. Do not become an expert in distraction. Having a fall-back Plan B automatically suggests failure to your primary focus or Plan A. You can’t have one foot in the door and one foot out the door. That lacks focus. You can’t take your eye off the ball without getting smacked in the head. You must have focus. Unless you have a proven record of success, you must remain focused on a primary Plan A. Don’t get this confused with a second stream of income. Focus may not be compromised as long as the second stream of income compliments or supports your Plan A. Plan in advance for those days where a lack of motivation or inspiration is not readily available. Know where to turn, what to do or who to talk too in an effort to regain your focus on Plan A.
Step Four. This step seems the most simple, yet is often the most difficult. Step four – Just do it! Roll up your sleeves and get it done. Take action every day. Accomplish at least 3 action items per day. Small steps, large steps, large and small steps. Just implement. Don’t let what you don’t know, prevent you from just doing. There is truth in the saying, doing something is better than doing nothing. When you are overwhelmed, remind yourself that you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time. Just do it. One action at a time. Be grateful for what you have. Be grateful for the mistakes you make. The more grateful you are, the more you will be allowed. Think with a creative spirit as opposed to a competitive spirit. No one can do the job the way you can. There is only one YOU to do YOUR job! Just do it!
Those days where success seems impossible these 4 simple steps when practiced consistently and persistently, will turn your thinking to I’m possible!
C Counseling Defined as professional guidance of the individual by utilizing psychological methods especially in collecting case history data, using various techniques of the personal interview, and testing interests and aptitudes.
C Consulting Defined as providing professional or expert advice.
C Coaching Defined as a professional or assists you in discovering your ah-ah moments and direction through a series of well-timed and well-formed questions.
C Coach Gibbs Way Defined as a professional who provides tools and direction to assist you in implementing change or taking action where there was otherwise little, half-hearted or no effort. The Coach Gibbs way includes creative ideas, process, action planning, commitment and accountability. Simply put, the Coach Gibbs way helps you to get the job done!
For the “C” that works best for you, see mastermindsandmentors.com!
All entrants win a free 30 minute coaching consultation!
Steps you must take to register:
- Go to website www.mastermindsandmentors.com
- Find phrase;”…skin in the game.” Note the page and location of your where you found the phrase.
- Email to the coach you interacted with at the MSC Expo:
- the phrase…”skin in the game”.
- the page from the website you located the phrase.
- a sentence or two of why you would appreciate a scholarship to participate in a Masterminds and Mentors group.
- your contact information, name, phone numbers, email address, website.
___coach Sherry – 612.209.5534 firstname.lastname@example.org
___coach Teri – 763.300.6148 email@example.com
___coach Gibbs – 0763.442.1980 firstname.lastname@example.org
ü Be sure to enter in to the drawing no later than 10pm on 09/11/11.
ü Drawing will be held on 9/12/11.
ü The winner will be notified via email by 09/13/11.
All entries will be added to the membership list to receive future newsletters and group announcements.
Wikipedia: Plan B is a popular term used to mean a reserved, secondary plan, in case a first plan fails.
- Having a Plan B automatically implies failure of Plan A
- One foot in the door, one foot out of the door suggests the lack of commitment
- When focusing on Plan B; Plan A is compromised by a lack of focus
- Plan B can quickly allow us to become an expert in distraction
Masterminds and Mentorshelps to develop the clarity and the focus needed to pursue and achieve
what is important to your vision and dream.
Join a well facilitated group by one of the
Masterminds and Mentors Coaches.
See the website for more detail or call Coach Gibbs
to see how you may benefit.
The time to do it is NOW!
1. A restricting, limiting, or modifying circumstance: It can happen only under certain conditions.
2. A circumstance indispensable to some result; prerequisite; that on which something else is
contingent: conditions of acceptance.
Conditions may mean death to your
business. If you are waiting for the perfect time, the money to come in,
worrying how the holidays will make an impact, whether the sun shines or not,
you are setting limiting conditions that can have a dramatic impact to your
Conditions are a set up for failure
Conditions are a reason to procrastinate
Conditions are masked behind procrastination
Conditions are fear based
Masterminds and Mentors helps you
see through those limiting conditions allowing you to move your business
forward regardless of the date, the time, the weather or any other condition
you put in front of your success.
Join one of the groups expertly
facilitated by Coach Gibbs, Coach Sherry, Coach Terri or Coach Michele.
Check the website for other Masterminds and Mentors groups scheduled to begin this
summer. Or call 763.442.1980 for more details!
The time to do it is NOW!
1. Visualize your goal and what you desire
This marketing tip will actually set the tone for all the other steps. When you wake up and before you go to sleep, put yourself in the space of ALREADY achieving your goals. Meditate, feel, taste, and smell the outcome. If you do it right this part will become so real to you that it will naturally move you to the next step.
2. Income producing activities
This particular marketing tip is considered a compromising area for most. Some think that checking email, organizing files, desk or office, planning the day, training others, and talking on the phone about any and everything; is considered being productive. Not true at all. The only TWO things that make you money are: 1. taking massive action on marketing and 2. speaking to qualified prospects on the phone. Period point blank end of story.
3. Personal development, self-mastery
Work on yourself more than you work on your business. This means every single day reading or listening or watching something that will better you as a leader. There is always enough time in the day. Turn off the tv, put down the newspapers and garbage novels. At lunch if you have an iPod or iPhone put on your headsets and listen to Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar, or whoever you choose. Allow their words and beliefs to transform you into a better leader.
4. Mastermind with other leaders
Put yourself in the position of being surrounded by other high-caliber professionals. There is much to be said by being around other like-minded professionals that may be step ahead of you as a leader. Learn through the collaborative efforts from the professionals who have the skills and business success plans that are similar to those you aspire to possess.
5. Position myself at the top
Always play from the top! If you don’t have the money to get at the top then work your butt off finding ways to get it or to climb your way through the ranks. Leaders understand that those who typically get to the top take business seriously. They play to win! And winning means more business, satisfaction and let’s face it – money!