Why hire a business coach
1. Accountability. This is by far the number one! Often this is a protested area in that, people “know how to be accountable” or “I hold myself accountable”. I have heard it said time and time again. While that may work with smaller goals, self- accountability probably won’t work for big goals. Why? Simply because if you’re going for something bigger than you’ve ever achieved before, fear and resistance are certain to arise, in a variety of forms and fashions. Accountability from a trusted and respected source will help keep you on track in moving through the fear and resistance that will show up. Heck, these fears show up regardless of the project size.
2. Guidance. Simply stated, you don’t know what you don’t know. Additionally, having a second set of eyes or differing ideas and suggestions often will increase your creative thought processes. Lastly, there is truth behind the statement; Two Heads Are Better Than One!
3. Real world strategies that work, rather than Google. An experienced coach knows what works, when and with whom. Only experience can provide this kind of effective insight, so always look for a professional who’s coached successfully. Additionally, look for a coach who has experienced what you are experiencing in some form or another.
4. Another valuable perspective, CLARITY. This one is golden. When you’ve been looking at the same situation for a period of time, you may lose objectivity and your ability to see the situation clearly. A coach can offer you alternate ways of looking at the same situation, bringing added clarity to the many options that may be available to you.
5. Swifter attainment of goals. It’s always better to take the most direct path to what you want, saving you time, energy and money. You want to hire a coach who has experienced life in that arena of life. Who knows what it takes to achieve goals. This will save an enormous amount of effort, time and money.
6. Self-discovery. You may not know yourself as well as you’d like to believe, none of us do. Working with an experienced, trained coach and having powerful conversations with that coach leads to deeper awareness of what you do and why you do it. Self-discovery and self-mastery are keys to high success. Yet, you cannot master yourself until you know yourself. There are reasons why you don’t have the level of success you want. Most, if not all, of those reasons are internal. Wouldn’t you like to know what’s blocking you?
7. Responsibility. An effective life coach will steer you clear of blaming anyone for anything. It’s not your partner’s fault, or your kids’ fault, or your dog’s fault. Blame keeps you out of full responsibility, takes you away from your goals and lessens your power. Why would you want to do that? Taking full responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life isn’t always easy, but it’s always worth it.
8. Resources. Think of all the resources a business coach has in their tool box! This pertains to strategic partners, processes, soft skills, you name it. An effective business coach has all sorts of tricks of the trade, readily available for YOU.